Penniman Ave. in downtown Plymouth, Michigan glows under the lights of the Penn Theatre marquee which was restored in 2009.
The historic 405 seat, single-screen theatre is managed by the Friends of the Penn, and features current second run movies, independent and classic films, school field trips, and occasional live musical performances.
Since 2006 Friends of the Penn have completed these restoration projects:
- New Boiler (December, 2006)
- Stage Lighting (August, 2007)
- New Electrical Service (August, 2007)
- New Concession Area & Popcorn Kitchen (December, 2007)
- New Air Handler (February, 2008)
- Roofing Replacement (September, 2008)
- Exterior Painting (October, 2008)
- New Marquee (June, 2009)
- DTS - Digital Theatre Sound Upgrade (July, 2009)
- Mural Transformation (September, 2010)
- Front Entry Doors (October, 2010)
- Complete Auditorium Renovation (July, 2011)
Pin It Now!